Most people know that Botox is being used in treating wrinkles, countering age-related skin problems and just about nothing else. Not many people know what Botox is, not to mention for which purposes it’s being used, other than cosmetic. The team at Bluffton Aesthetics uses Botox primarily for aesthetic purposes, but the benefits will go beyond the enhanced looks.
The Botox treatment in Bluffton SC is used by both younger and older people, primarily because it is easy to apply, the post-intervention recovery process is short, and it delivers fast results. But what exactly is Botox and how does it work?
Most people don’t know that Botox is a toxin being produced by a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum, the infamous agent responsible for botulism, which is potentially lethal when triggered. Now comes science to the rescue, since scientists have been able to “tame” it and reap its benefits to our advantage.
Nowadays, it is useful in treating a variety of health problems, including strabismus, muscular spasms, pain, and arthritis, to name a few of them. Botox is mainly known for its cosmetic advantages, though, and these alone draw the attention of countless people every year.
The pros of Botox injections
Should you get a Botox injection or not? Before coming up with a definitive answer, you must first be able to identify the problems you aim to correct. Using Botox for cosmetic purposes can have a lot of benefits like:
- Relaxing the muscles and stretching the skin, which alleviates or eliminates wrinkles
- Provide the patient with a more rejuvenated look
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Support a more positive state of mind
- Gain the admiration of others and becoming more sociably pleasant and so on
It is evident that a Botox treatment in Bluffton SC has become increasingly popular compared to 50 years ago, mainly because, when not abused, the benefits can be quite enormous. Not only that the patient’s appearance will change for the better, but so will his view of himself, which is why people feel a psychological incentive to seek the procedure.
But, before deciding whether the Botox procedure is meant for you, here is a few data to help you better understand the specifics, as well as to break some misconceptions along the way:
- Botox injections don’t deliver permanent effects; they will generally last between four and six months
- It doesn’t cause muscle paralysis because it is used in moderate concentrations
- The results will become visible after a period of three to 10 days
- Minor bruising may occur in the immediate period following the procedure
- Botox functions by destroying the nerve endings in the muscles, rendering them unable to contract and form wrinkles
- The nerves will regenerate naturally over a period of up to six months, at which point another Botox intervention might be required
Every Botox treatment in Bluffton SC, here at Bluffton Aesthetics, is meant to provide people with mental comfort and with a better perception of themselves. Remember, people only see you as you see yourself, so make sure to take care of your body while you’re still young, healthy and beautiful.Botox Treatment Bluffton Sc
View Larger Map